Video Poker games guide, main video poker rules and some tips here at 2 Gamble Online.net
Browsing: Gamble / Video Poker
Select your casino and go to the VIDEO POKER game.
The Video poker machine will differ from Casino to Casino. Here a standard Video Poker gaming – situation:
Video poker offers a poker simulation that can be played at a fraction of the cost of its table counterpart. Just like slot machines, each additional coin wagered increases the amount of the payout. In video poker there is no opponent, so the objective is to get the highest-ranking hand possible.
A video poker screen displays 3 values (typically):
- Paid - The number of coins won from the last hand.
- Credits - The total number of coins remaining in your balance. This value will adjust according to the coin denomination setting of the video poker machine.
- Coins - The number of coins to be bet on the next hand.
You will see the 4 buttons:
- Cash Out: Resets the number of coins being bet to 0, returning them to your balance.
- Deal/Draw: When at least one coin has been bet, the deal / draw button will become enabled. The first time the deal / draw button is clicked, the game begins and the initial hand is dealt. Once the player has chosen which cards to hold (keep), the deal / draw button is clicked a second time to draw the replacement cards and complete the game.
- Bet Max: Allows the player to quickly bet the maximum number of coins permitted by the machine and immediately deal the initial hand.
- Bet One: Bets one coin at a time. Once the desired number of coins is bet, the player must begin the game manually by clicking the deal / draw button.
The Bets. Select a denomination for the video poker machine (25ў, 50ў, $1, $2 or $5). This will set the value of each coin played. Next, deposit one to five coins into the machine -- use the Bet One button to bet one coin at a time, or use Bet Max button to bet the maximum coins allowed by the machine (balance permitting). Finally, click on the deal / draw button to deal the initial hand. Note that the Bet Max button will automatically cause the initial hand to be dealt.
The Cards. Cards are ranked in order of their face value, with aces considered "high". The ranking is from lowest to highest: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace. Some games make use of Wild Cards (i.e. a joker, or any deuce) that can be used as any other card (rank and suit) to improve the hand.
The Deal. Five cards will be dealt to the player. Since there is no opponent, the player must achieve the highest-ranking hand possible. The player must decide which of the 5 cards he or she wishes to keep (hold) or discard for new cards. Once the decision has been made, the machine takes away the cards you didn't keep and replaces them with new cards. The game is then complete and the resulting hand determines the payout.
- 1. Royal Flush,
- 2. Four Deuces,
- 3. Five of a Kind,
- 4. Wild Royal Flush,
- 5. Straight Flush,
- 6. Four of a Kind,
- 7. Full House,
- 8. Flush,
- 9. Straight,
- 10. Three of a Kind,
- 11. Two Pair,
- 12. Jacks or better Pair
Video Poker Details and Variations
Deuces Wild: Deuces Wild is played with one standard 52 card deck with all four deuces (2's) considered wild cards. It should be noted that in Deuces Wild a Wild Royal Flush (a Royal Flush that makes use of a wild card) ranks higher than a Five Of A Kind, and a hand containing all four deuces ranks second only to a natural Royal Flush.
Jacks or Better: Jacks or Better is played with one standard 52 card deck with no wild cards. The lowest ranking hand with a payout consists of any pair of Jacks, Queens, Kings, or Aces.
Joker Poker: Joker Poker is played with one standard 52 card deck plus an extra joker that is considered a wild card. It should be noted that in Joker Poker a Five Of A Kind ranks higher than a Wild Royal Flush (a Royal Flush that makes use of a wild card).
Tens or Better: Tens or Better is played with one standard 52 card deck with no wild cards. The lowest ranking hand with a payout consists of any pair of Tens, Jacks, Queens, Kings, or Aces.